I Have Ants! Now What?
Thank you for reporting them. Ants are one of the most successful organisms on the planet. They find their way indoors when the weather changes. Since they can adapt to many changing conditions with ease and eat a large variety of food, no one tactic is enough. Please help us by:
- Reporting ants when you see them.
- Wiping up ants trails with soapy water to remove pheromone trails.
- Storing food in sealed containers and disposing of waste properly to avoid attracting ants. Be sure to rinse out recyclables and put food waste in the proper bin (in a kitchen or break room).
What Can We Do?
We have a few options for controlling ants.
- First we treat ants outdoors with containerized baits. This targeted treatment for ants works as they share the bait before coming into the building.
- When we find find ant trails and colonies outside we will treat them with reduced-risk botanical insecticides.
- We will treat ant runways, often times utility chases in the walls for plumbing and electrical systems, with least-toxic insecticidal dusts. This repels ants and blocks their travel ways.
- Lastly, we may leave an ant bait station inside the building. As ants form trails to this bait they will share it with the colony and point us to where they may be nesting to take other actions.